INFN Technical Platforms for Accelerators
The Italian National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN) is a distributed research agency composed of twenty divisions and four national laboratories, working in tight collaboration with universities in different Italian cities and other research institutions. In the several decades of its activity, INFN has developed different facilities related to accelerator technology. Nowadays, several groups can provide high level services to physics laboratories and industries working in magnet technology, radiofrequency, cryogenics and radiations. The technological platforms of INFN, in the field of accelerator technologies, can be grouped in the following services.
- High Magnetic Field
- MARISA (Sezione di Genova)
- SOLEMI (LASA, Sezione di Milano)
- Thermal Treatments
- Test Stations for Magnets
- Test Stations for Radiofrequency Equipment
- Test station for superconducting cavities (LASA, Sezione di Milano)
- Test station for superconducting cavities (Laboratori Nazionali di Legnaro, Padova)
- Test station for normal conducting cavities (Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati, Rome)
- Chemical Treatments
- Chemistry laboratory and clean rooms (Laboratori Nazionali di Legnaro, Padova)
- Test station for large normal conducting structures (Laboratori Nazionali di Legnaro, Padova)
If you have further questions or would like to contact INFN regarding these technical platforms, please contact us via e-mail.