Clean rooms are available for cleaning, assembling, preparing and RF conditioning of power couplers. The existent infrastructures and equipment are adapted for mass production at a rate up to 8-10 couplers per week.
First clean room (ISO4 and ISO6)
- 200L Ultrasonic bath functioning at a power of 10 kW/l (dimensions 100x50x50)
- 1 Leak detectors,
- 1 particle counter,
- 1 vacuum furnace reaching up to 400℃,
- 25m2 ISO6 area for cleaning and assembly.
- 12m2 ISO4 area for clean assembly,
Second clean room (ISO5)
- 3 baking ovens with their in-situ pumping systems hosting 2 coupler pairs each, reaching up to 220℃ and totally automatized with possibility of thermal cycle and vacuum level recording.
- 2 leak detectors,
- 4 RF test benches equipped with all the required diagnostics for coupler pairs conditioning (Arc detectors, electron pickups, vacuum monitoring, temperature sensors, power measurements...),
- 40m2 ISO5 area for assembly-disassembly and clean storage.
- 1 RF power source 1.3 GHz, 2MW with variable repetition rate (2-4Hz) with the required waveguides, circulators, spreaders, loads...
- 1 RF power source 1.3 GHz, 5MW with variable repetition rate (1-10 Hz) with the required waveguides, circulators, spreaders, loads...
Achievements, related projects
- About 60 TTF3 power couplers cleaned, assembled and RF processed before installation on FLASH (DESY),
- Mass production (preparation and RF processing) of 850 power couplers for the European XFEL.
Technical steps, expertise
- Ultra sonic cleaning of power couplers,
- Clean room assembly,
- Leak detection,
- In-situ baking (up to 220℃) and vacuum monitoring during the process,
- RF Tuning,
- Residual gas analyser recording,
- Couplers automatic RF conditioning procedure (8 couplers in the same time),
LAL - Orsay (France)
This technical platform provides the expertise and manpower to perform the work and training,
For further information, please email email@example.com